Pharmacy Technician Program
Our Pharmacy Technician course empowers students with the knowledge and skills essential to thrive in the dynamic and evolving pharmacy field. As a Pharmacy Technician student, you'll delve into comprehensive training encompassing compounding, computer processing, dispensing, mathematics, drug interactions, drug delivery systems, and other vital healthcare disciplines. Alongside, you'll hone customer service skills and gain insights into diverse pharmaceutical environments, including retail, hospital, and small businesses.
Experience the Role of a Pharmacy Technician
Pharmacy Technicians play pivotal roles in retail pharmacies and hospitals, where they assist licensed pharmacists in dispensing prescription medication and maintaining inventory. Your responsibilities may include:
Gathering essential information from patients and healthcare professionals for prescription fulfillment.
Precisely measuring and counting medication as per prescriptions.
Compounding and mixing medications, including preparing ointments.
Packaging, labeling, and handling prescription orders.
Processing insurance claims and facilitating payment transactions.
Performing routine pharmacy tasks and providing customer support.
Unlocking Career Pathways
Upon graduation, Pharmacy Technician program graduates open doors to a range of career opportunities, including:
Mail Order Pharmacy
Long-Term Care Pharmacy
Our program ensures you develop real-world communication and customer service skills during mandatory practicum placements in various pharmacies. You'll delve deep into drug interactions, medical terminology, dosage estimation, and vital professional skills. From managing pharmacy equipment to preparing prescription labels, practicing sterile compounding techniques, and processing insurance payments, you'll master the intricacies of pharmaceutical operations.
- Complete an application for admission
- Complete a personal interview with the school director or enrollment representative
- Present proof of being at least 18 years of age
- Present proof of completion of secondary education (high school diploma or GED certificate)
- Have a criminal background check to include submitting fingerprints and
- Register with the Texas State Board of Pharmacy (Board) as a pharmacy technician trainee
** The fee to register as a Pharmacy Technician Trainee with the Board is $47.00.
WHY CTK HEALTHCARE?
CTK Healthcare offers competitive Pharmacy Technician programs across Texas State and beyond. Not only we train students about the pharmaceutical products, but also conduct visits to the pharmaceutical industries for the firsthand experience.
- 13 to 16 Week long program with open enrollment [Based on Prior Education Background]
- Flexible & Affordable payments
- FAFSA available for qualified students. For more information please visit https://ctkhealthcare.com/financial-aid
- Highly Available Job Placement
- Prepares You get HIRED in Job
- Equip yourself to confidently enter the job market and excel in your pharmacy career.
- Call us: 214-441-3556/469-763-6414
- Pharmacy Technicians work in retail pharmacies and hospitals. They help licensed pharmacists dispense and fill prescription medication and check inventory.
- Collect information of patients and health care professionals required to fill a prescription.
- Count pills and measure amounts of other medication based on prescriptions.
- Compound or mix medications, such as preparing ointments.
- Packaging and labeling prescriptions.
- Accept payment for prescriptions and process the insurance claims.
- Conduct routine pharmacy tasks, such as answering phone calls from customers.
Qualities that Set You Apart
As a Pharmacy Technician graduate, you can secure employment in local pharmacies, hospitals, retail outlets, mail-order drug companies, and insurance providers. Your comprehensive training will empower you to excel in various pharmacy practice settings by:
Preparing prescription orders under licensed pharmacist supervision.
Conducting pharmacy calculations and providing excellent customer service.
Complying with federal and state regulatory laws.
Elevating your career prospects by pursuing Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) certification, earning you the title of Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT).
Pharmacy Technician Salary Outlook
The salary of a Pharmacy Technician is influenced by factors such as location, experience, and workplace. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the annual salary ranges include:
Salary based on place of work
- Hospitals; state, local, and private $39,290 per year
- Pharmacies and drug stores $33,110 per year
- Food and beverage stores $32,320 per year
Source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, Occupational Employment and Wage Statistics
Start your journey toward a fulfilling pharmacy career by enrolling in our Pharmacy Technician Program. At CTK Healthcare, we're dedicated to your success, offering a comprehensive and competitive program that prepares you for the challenges and opportunities within the pharmaceutical industry.