Patient Care Technician Program (Phlebotomy & EKG)
Elevate Your Medical Career with Comprehensive Patient Care Technician (PCT) Program
Prepare for a rewarding journey in the medical field with our specialized Patient Care Technician (PCT) Program, which includes comprehensive training in Phlebotomy and EKG. As a PCT, you'll be equipped with the skills needed to excel as an entry-level healthcare professional in clinics, hospitals, emergency rooms, wound care centers, and long-term care facilities. Join CTK Healthcare and embark on a path to making a meaningful impact on patient lives.
Phlebotomy & EKG are Embedded in PCT
The Patient Care Technician (PCT) Program is one of the top nursing programs around the United States to work as an entry-level Patient Care Technician in a clinic, hospital, Emergency Room, wound care centers or long-term care facility. Students will be able to use basic laboratory procedures, check vital signs, perform CPR and First Aid, help with daily living activities to provide comfort care, assist in medical examinations, perform good phlebotomy practices, electrocardiograms (EKG / ECG), Patient record charting through a computer program, and also be able to communicate patient information electronically as needed in a required format.
Unlock Opportunities in Medical Professions with PCT Program
Our Patient Care Technician (PCT) Program stands as a premier nursing program across the United States. Through this comprehensive program, you'll develop proficiency in a range of critical tasks that contribute to exceptional patient care. As a PCT, you will be trained to:
Perform basic laboratory procedures and check vital signs
Administer CPR and First Aid
Provide comfort care and assist with daily living activities
Participate in medical examinations and procedures
Master phlebotomy practices and electrocardiograms (EKG/ECG)
Maintain patient records and communicate electronically
- Complete an application for admission
- Complete a personal interview with the school director or enrollment representative
- Present proof of being at least 18 years of age
- Present proof of completion of secondary education (high school diploma or GED certificate)
- Have a criminal background check to include submitting fingerprints
- Register with the Texas State Board of Pharmacy (Board) as a pharmacy technician trainee
We focus on
- EKG Technician.
- Phlebotomy Technician.
- EMR Technician (Electronic Medical records), Charting in Computer for patient records.
- Anatomy and Physiology, Medical Terminology, Microsoft Office.
PCT Program prepares students as entry-level Patient Care Technicians in clinics, hospitals, or Emergency Room. This program is a combination of lecture, laboratory, and practical exercises in the medical laboratory.
Admission Requirements for PCT:
- High school diploma
- Copy of SSN and driver license
Responsibilities of PCT
Responsibilities of PCT includes several duties which can be performed after completion of this course:
- Respond to patient calls and requests for assistance.
- Bathing, dressing, grooming, assisting with personal hygiene, changing dressings and wound care.
- Serving meals and feeding patients if they are unable to feed themselves.
- Monitoring and recording vital signs – temperature, blood pressure, pulse, and respiration rates.
- Observing, recording, and reporting a patients’ physical, mental, and emotional conditions.
- Able to take and understand Electrocardiograms (EKGs) reports.
- Assist doctors and nurses during examinations and treatments.
- Able to communicate and chart patience medical record information electronically using Electronic Health Record (HER) system.
- Phlebotomy practice.
- Able to evaluate patients’ ability to withstand venipuncture procedure.
- Able to perform venipuncture.
Transform Your Medical Career with PCT Program
At CTK Healthcare, we're committed to molding the next generation of skilled healthcare professionals. Our PCT Program offers:
A comprehensive curriculum that includes EKG and Phlebotomy training
Hands-on laboratory exercises and practical experience in a medical setting
In-depth knowledge of anatomy, physiology, medical terminology, and Microsoft Office applications
Expert guidance to excel as an entry-level Patient Care Technician
Opportunities for lecture work and clinical based on prior courses
Flexible and affordable payment terms, with FAFSA available for eligible students
Support in finding rewarding healthcare job opportunities
Ready to launch your medical career and make a difference in patient care? Enroll in our Patient Care Technician (Phlebotomy & EKG) Program today and unlock a world of opportunities in clinics, hospitals, and beyond. With CTK Healthcare, you'll be prepared to excel as a compassionate and skilled healthcare professional.