Nurse Aide CNA Program Training
Elevate Your Medical Career with Comprehensive Nurse Aide CNA Program Training
Unleash your potential in the medical field through our specialized Nurse Aide CNA Program Training. Aspiring medical professionals can now gain hands-on skills and essential knowledge to excel as Certified Nursing Assistants. CTK Healthcare offers a comprehensive program designed to prepare you for the dynamic and rewarding world of patient care within hospitals, nursing homes, and long-term care facilities.
Transform Your Career with Nurse Aide CNA Program Training
Our Nurse Aide CNA Program Training stands as one of the premier nursing programs in the United States. By enrolling in this comprehensive program, you'll acquire the practical skills and abilities necessary for providing fundamental patient care. Certified Nursing Assistants (CNAs) work under the guidance of Registered Nurses (RNs) and Licensed Practical Nurses (LPNs) to assist patients with healthcare needs. This program serves as a stepping stone into the rewarding roles of Nursing Assistants, Patient Care Technicians, and State Licensed Nurse Assistants.
CNA may be embedded in PCT program which may qualify for Financial Aid Grant or Loan
Student May Not Require High School Diploma for Admission
Certified Nurse Aide (CNA) program is one of the top nursing programs in the United States. It is a comprehensive program designed to teach students hands on skills and abilities required for basic care of patients and residents in hospitals, nursing homes, and long term care facilities.
A Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) helps patients with healthcare needs under the supervision of a Registered Nurse (RN) or a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN). CNAs work in a variety of healthcare settings. CNA are sometime also known as a Nursing Assistant (NA), a Patient Care Technician (PCT), or a State License Nurse Assistant (SLNA).
Be at least 18 years of age. If a student is 16 or 17 years of age during admission, a legal guardian also has to sign in the application for admission.
- Proof of secondary education (high school diploma or college degree or GED certificate)
- Nurse Aide Registry (NAR) verification prior to enrollment in order to ensure that candidate is not blacklisted
- Pass Wonderlic Basic Skills Test if student does not have HS/GED**.
- Should not be listed as unemployable on the Employee Misconduct Registry (EMR
- Cannot have been convicted of a criminal offense as listed in Texas Health and Safety Code 250.006.
**Prospective students with educational and or working experiences but without high school diploma will be given an opportunity to take the Wonderlic Basic Skills Test (Ability to Benefit) to measure their verbal and math skills. This will fulfill the eligibility requirements for training program including: CORE: 200 verbal / 210; quantitative skill of 500.
(Note: Administer with paper & pencil and score using PC software)
WHY STUDY AT CTK HEALTHCARE?
CTK Healthcare offers competitive CNA programs across Texas State and beyond. Not only we train students with basic patient care skills, but also conduct visits to the Nursing Homes, Hospitals, and Long-term Care facilities for the firsthand experience.
A certified nursing assistant helps patients with health care needs under the supervision of a nurse. They are also called a nursing assistant, a nurse’s aid, or a patient care assistant. CNAs work directly with patients and nurses, helping with physical and complex tasks for patient care
- Turning or moving patients around
- Gather medical supplies
- Clean patients
- Groom patients such as brush their hair, teeth, shave them, etc.
- Feed patients and document their food and liquid intake
- Check blood pressure and heart rate
- Answer patient calls
- Documenting information
- Cleaning rooms and bed linens
- Stock supplies
- Assist with some medical procedures
- Safety procedures
- Transport patients
- Take care of wounds
Every hospitals and facilities have their own unique requirements and responsibilities for their CNAs. In general, certified nursing assistants help perform critical tasks that ensure patients are well-cared for and safe during their hospital stay.
Job field of CNA
CNAs can build their career in different healthcare related facilities such as:
- Nursing homes
- Rehabilitation centers
- Adult Daycare centers
- Clinical Facilities
Nursing homes and adult care facilities are often the most common places where nursing assistants are needed. Total of 1,564,200 CNAs were present in the United States in year 2018. Among this, nursing care facilities employed the largest number of certified nursing assistants at 38%.
QUALITIES OF CNA
- CNAs must possess both personal and professional skills including:
- As a healthcare assistant, a CNA must know how to maintain health care facilities and environment clean.
- Must know how to apply different sterile in order to keep the patients and staffs safe.
- They have basic elements of first aid, CPR, monitoring vital signs, knowledge of nutritional composition in dietary plan and able to follow infection control protocols.
- They are responsible for feeding and dressing patient as well as taking their vitals and performing other patient care tasks.
- Students must possess compassion for others, enjoy working with the public, and have the ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
- They must be able to understand the needs of each patient and establish effective communication with related nurses or doctors as required.
Competencies after CNA
Upon completion of this course:
Graduates will be able to communicate, interact and assist effectively with patients
They will be able to attain and maintain maximum functional independence while observing patient rights
Perform basic first aid and CPR, monitor vital signs, apply the elements of basic nutrition in meal planning and follow infection control protocols.
Graduates will learn techniques of proper body mechanics including bed making, lifting, turning and transferring patients.
Receive a Certificate of Completion and be qualified to sit for the Texas Nurse Aide Competency and Evaluation Program (NATCEP) exam. After passing the Texas NATCEP, they will be ready to begin their career in healthcare as a Certified Nurse Aide.
Ready to take your first step into the dynamic world of healthcare? Enroll in our Nurse Aide CNA Program Training and gain the foundational skills needed to make a meaningful impact on patients' lives. With CTK Healthcare, you'll be equipped to excel in various medical professions and become a valued member of the healthcare community.